Seasoned Health Education Professional, Specializing in Self Care
In addition to her teaching and leadership roles, in recent years, Eleanor has developed a loyal following on social media. Her daily writings on the theme of self care, combining words of encouragement with her digital remix art, have been shared by millions of people. And she has carried her message face-to-face and heart-to-heart around the world, through speaking engagements and workshops.
- "When I first met Eleanor, I felt it. Her personal energy was palpable and her smile was radiant. There is something very comforting about her spirit and I knew she was a teacher and a healer." - Leeza Gibbons, TV Producer and Caregiver Advocate
- "I have the pleasure of knowing Eleanor Brownn for many years as a colleague. Eleanor is a seasoned speaker, author, workshop presenter and counselor in the field of healthy aging. She brings compassion and sensitivity to all she does and is extremely skilled in helping women to cope successfully with life transitions. By advocating for health, empowerment and women in particular, she has helped make the world a better place." - Joan Ditzion; Co-Founder of Our Bodies, Ourselves
- Since 2001, I have known Eleanor to be an insightful and articulate leader and practitioner with a plethora of knowledge and skills that she applies in diverse academic, community, and organizational settings. - Connie Chan Robison, Executive Director, Center for Collaborative Planning
- "This is where the light comes up for you when you are confused and know not where to go. Filled with timeless wisdom and practical steps you can apply right away." - Kamoru Obafemi Habib
- "So fresh and always on the mark! Self care, self love is crucial to being able to share love with our universe." - Susan Gray Schwerdtfeger
- "Eleanor has shared with us her private, personal journey of growth and struggles in such a beautiful, human, real way. I am so grateful for the love she has in her heart to share with all of us beautiful human beings doing the best we can every day to live a life of love, peace and balance." - Sandy Rolon Navas
Self Care, Defined...
Self care is any action you purposefully take to improve your physical, emotional or spiritual well being. Too often, we do not make time for sufficient self care because we’re too busy taking care of others. Life’s demands at home, in our community and at work can take our lives out of balance. Self care can be getting more rest, eating healthier food, spending more time in thoughtful reflection, being kinder to yourself, smiling more, playing, or engaging in any activity that renews you. By making time for self care, you prepare yourself to be your best so you can share your gifts with the world. • Eleanor Brownn